Early school leaving: the Kairos project is underway
Psy + Onlus on 9 January 2017 he launched "Kairos": a project to combat early school leaving.
The project is organized on three laboratory actions that will take place during school hours, for a total duration of 4 months, inside the premises made available by the schools:
- PHOTOGRAPHY AND ENVIRONMENT LABORATORY
- LABORATORY OF MINDMAPPING, STORYTELLING AND NEW TECHNOLOGIES
- MUSICAL EDUCATION AND BODY EXPRESSION
The aim of the intervention is to identify innovative ways of communication and behavior capable of "dispersing" the vicious circle that is created between individual discomfort and ineffective attempts at solutions such as early school leaving. Specifically, the project aims to:
- Building in students solid basic skills, those "citizenship skills" capable of giving everyone the fundamental tools to understand reality and be protagonists;
- Alongside the alphabets of knowledge, introduce the pupils to the emotional alphabets, those of empathy, self-awareness and social mirroring;
- Overcoming merely transmission methodologies in favor of cooperative, active, laboratory, metacognitive approaches, which take into account the different characteristics of the pupils and enhance the diversity rather than aiming at homologation to "standard" models.
During the laboratory of music education and body expression, the students of the 2 ^ middle class of the IC "Via Pirotta" realized the musical piece "Here we are
school, school dropout, projects, Lazio region